• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense reaper pods

just had a question where can i find reaper pods for sale? I seem to only find seeds listed every where. bakers peppers had some but they are sold out.

Keep checking.
The box I got from him was full of mostly smallish pods-----but really full.
After I decided I wanted a box, I had to check every day or so for a month before they became available.

Unless I have just made a batch of powder, I pretty much always have fresh peppers available. These along with many others on my list from my site. Many of my fresh reapers are from the original batch of seeds, so my pods vary in form, but they do all taste the same. I just cut back my IR 1 plants (1st generation improved reaper) so the consistency will be like this for the next month or two. Seriouslyhotpeppers.com

And how much for a sfrb?

cycadjungle said:
Unless I have just made a batch of powder, I pretty much always have fresh peppers available. These along with many others on my list from my site. Many of my fresh reapers are from the original batch of seeds, so my pods vary in form, but they do all taste the same. I just cut back my IR 1 plants (1st generation improved reaper) so the consistency will be like this for the next month or two. Seriouslyhotpeppers.com

cycadjungle said:
I presume you don't have to pay in advance to reserve these?
You should seriously consider advertising here. Why risk it.

Sm1nts2escape said:
And how much for a sfrb?

small flat rate boxes for $29 each. The number of peppers in each box varies on which peppers are requested and how they all fit in the box, but most boxes would have at least 30 to 35 peppers in them, and most times, more like 40+ peppers.

Got that off his website

O geeze. Waay too much for a box. My dried and frozen peppers will have to do till spring/summer then.

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:

small flat rate boxes for $29 each. The number of peppers in each box varies on which peppers are requested and how they all fit in the box, but most boxes would have at least 30 to 35 peppers in them, and most times, more like 40+ peppers.

Got that off his website

I'm curious, people have said that they are waiting in line and waiting weeks to buy Baker's peppers, which on his site, has his priced at $29.99 for the same box, but my box at $29 is way too much money? Since he is my local competition, not knowing what I should be charging for peppers, I looked at being right around what he was charging. I figured that if he was selling out of his peppers, that peppers at a little less wouldn't be that bad. Wouldn't most people think so? On top of that, I custom fill boxes any way people want.

Bakers boxes are too expensive. I bought one box from him when they were on sale for 22 bucks. I think that is a fair winter price. Having said that I won't buy anything else from him with all the crap he does. But I am sure if you treat people decent and provide a good product people would pay that for them. I do think you would sell a lot more if you lowered the price a little though. Wouldn't take long to build a good following especially right now when there isn't really any other competition.

cycadjungle said:
I'm curious, people have said that they are waiting in line and waiting weeks to buy Baker's peppers, which on his site, has his priced at $29.99 for the same box, but my box at $29 is way too much money? Since he is my local competition, not knowing what I should be charging for peppers, I looked at being right around what he was charging. I figured that if he was selling out of his peppers, that peppers at a little less wouldn't be that bad. Wouldn't most people think so? On top of that, I custom fill boxes any way people want.

Bakers are way over priced too. Pepperlover gets a lot of customers because of low prices and good customer service. If you want more THP members to purchase then you must provide both. Judy sells hers for $19.99 and offers plenty of freebies as well and offers buy one get 2 free. If you want continual sales you have to offer more then Bakers and cheaper prices.

Back